[asterisk-users] Segmentation fault

Per Jessen per at computer.org
Wed May 16 00:25:57 MST 2007

Adam Lovegrove wrote:

> Asterisk is crashing about once a day with segmentation fault.
>
> This is the error..
>
> /usr/sbin/safe_asterisk: line 111: 3482 Segmentation fault (core
> dumped) nice –n $PRIORITY ${ASTSBINDIR}/asterisk ${CLIARGS} ${ASTARGS}
>>&/dev/${TTY} </dev/${TTY}
> Asterisk ended with exit status 139
> Asterisk exited on signal 11.
> Automatically restarting Asterisk.
> mpg123: no process killed
>
> Is this information helpful?
> Can anyone suggest anything?
> Can I provide anymore useful information for troubleshooting?

I think it would be useful if you could describe what the system is
doing when it crashes - if you know.  Also, the core dump will probably
help someone diagnose the problem.  (but don't send it to the list :-)

/Per Jessen, Zürich

--
ENIDAN Technologies GmbH - managed email security.
Starting at SFr1/month/user - http://www.spamchek.ch/