[asterisk-users] function_db_read: DB requires an argument, DB(<family>/<key>)

Gordon Henderson gordon+asterisk at drogon.net
Tue May 15 11:36:12 MST 2007

On Tue, 15 May 2007, Per Jessen wrote:

> Per Jessen wrote:
>
>> from extensions.conf:
>>
>> exten = _X.,1,Set(CALLERID(name)=${DB(cidname/${CALLERID(num)})})
>>
>> I basically try to lookup the CLIP and attach a name for each inbound
>> call.  This works fine, except when I have just restarted asterisk -
>> at which time I've more than once seen the message from the subject.
>>
>> As far as I can tell, with my Set(CALLERID), I should always have an
>> argument in the DB function?
>
> Is there a better/more appropriate place/list to ask this kind of
> question?

Probably not, but ...

You're getting the error message because ${CALLERID(num)} is empty. ie.
there is no caller-Id set, so I'd work on working out why there's no
callerId set for the very first call...

Eg. start with:

   exten => _X.,1,Noop(CallerId is ${CallerId(all)})
   exten => _X.,n,Set(CALLERID(name)=${DB(cidname/${CALLERID(num)})})

I do omething similar, but I test for no callerId before trying to do a
database lookup.

Gordon