[asterisk-users] polycom 501 configuration setting

Jerry Geis geisj at pagestation.com
Tue May 15 08:05:30 MST 2007

I recently got a polycom 501.

I was trying to get the phone to accept the TFTP boot files.
I was REALLY confused when I finally figured out that
the phone does FTP by default and you have to go change it to TFTP using the
keyboard menus to switch it to TFTP.

Am I missing something here? I certainly would have thought the phone
would be intelligent
enough to try a FTP first - If you dont get what you want, then try TFTP
then HTTP or what ever....

My question is: "Is there a different method (other than using ftp) to
have the phone by default
use TFTP and grab its config without getting into the keyboard menus?"

THanks,

Jerry