[asterisk-users] Asterisk High-Capacity Stability

Daryl Jurbala daryl at introspect.net
Tue May 15 07:10:13 MST 2007

On May 14, 2007, at 11:27 PM, Atlanticnynex wrote:

> I'm curious what kind of configuration/features/modules you could
> recommend for my setup. Can you explain further what you mean by
> OpenSER to Asterisk?

If you want to go Open Source, I think OpenSER is a good choice.  You
won't need to do any hacking to make it work......I'd suggest making
1 or 2 openser boxes to act as registrars for your user agents, and
use the openser dispatcher module to point at one or more openser
boxes that do LCR for calls that go directly out, and at one or more
asterisk boxes for feature servers if you need them.

Using Asterisk realtime and the database extensions for OpenSER you
can share the user database between them and things should just
work.  Write your CDRs to a separate database (as to separate
business data and call flow data....just in case someone does a
complex CDR query you don't want your PDD to go through the roof) and
come up with some kind of CDR remediataion for billing.