[asterisk-users] Zapateller and IAX2#

Phil Reynolds phil at tinsleyviaduct.com
Tue May 15 04:33:59 MST 2007

On Tue, May 15, 2007 at 12:23:56PM +0100, --[ UxBoD ]-- wrote:
> Hmmm, I do have answer() in the dialplan. When I was using with the BRI I did get the single SIT tone.  My intention for Zapateller is to play the SIT tone to try and stop autodiallers.

"Single" SIT tone? Do you mean you now get it twice? Or was it in fact
being trimmed to just the last tone? I find it's worth pausing slightly
before using Zapateller.

I use Zapateller before my "no caller ID", "void caller ID", and
"redlist" messages - and I get the three tones (which is the SIT). I
always Answer and Wait(2) before it. Most autodialler systems will tend
not to present a caller ID, and those that do quickly get blacklisted.
Grossly abusive ones may find themselves redlisted.

--
Phil Reynolds
 o  ____ mail: phil at tinsleyviaduct.com
|L_ \  / Web: http://www.tinsleyviaduct.com/phil/
(_)- \/  Waltham 66, Emley Moor 69, Droitwich 79, Windows 95