[asterisk-users] ast_yyerror - Help

Steve Murphy murf at digium.com
Mon May 14 15:35:01 MST 2007

On Mon, 2007-05-14 at 14:52 -0500, Rob Schall wrote:
> Hey all,
>
> We're starting to see "all circuits are busy" and a few dropped calls.
> When these happen, in the messages log, I see the following error.
>
> May 14 14:42:13 WARNING[5604] ast_expr2.fl: ast_yyerror(): syntax error:
> syntax error, unexpected $end, expecting TOK_MINUS or TOK_COMPL or
> TOK_LP or TOKEN; Input:
> 0?7:
>
> What causes this?

The ast_expr2 stuff is what gets called when you have $[...] expressions
in your dialplan.

So, it looks like you have have something like this in your dialplan:

$[ ${var} ? ${var2} : ${var3} ]

and ${var3} evaluates to an empty string (or something).

You need to narrow down where exactly in the dialplan you are when this
error happens. If you have no idea, look for $[ in your dialplan, and
study each one to determine a set of candidates. Once you find the right
expression, then you need to determine why var3 is empty, and maybe
insert some code to make sure it's always set to something, or rephrase
the expression to work better in that case.

Best of luck!

murf

--
Steve Murphy