[asterisk-users] Simultaneous Capacity

Noah Miller noahisaacmiller at gmail.com
Mon May 14 11:53:47 MST 2007

> I have a requirement of running 10 PRI's (300 Channels). I still have to
> decide on hardware and cards. Can you suggest some. As per my
> understanding it will be tough to go beyond 150.
>
> Alex Balashov wrote:
> > On Mon, 14 May 2007, Kapil Dhawan said something to this effect:
> >
> >> I want to try Asterisk with 10 PRI on a single Xeon machine with
> >> g711. Is it feasible.
> >
> >   In truth, it is very unlikely.
> >
> >   How are you planning to pick up the PRIs, anyway?  3 quad-span T1
> > cards?

You'll probably want to look into creating a Dundi cluster.  I would
not recommend putting more than two Quad span T1 cards in a single
machine.  Actually, I probably wouldn't put more than one in a single
machine.

If you use 3 Quad PRI cards each one in a different machine and
configure those 3 machines as a Dundi cluster, you should be able to
fulfill your 10PRI / 300 channel requirement.  You might want to
consider even five, six, or more machines.  It would certainly reduce
the impact of a hardware failure.

- Noah