[asterisk-users] DTMF not recognizing *

Alex Balashov abalashov at evaristesys.com
Mon May 14 11:02:56 MST 2007

On Mon, 14 May 2007, Rob Schall said something to this effect:

> The problem is with having a "send to voicemail" option. Right now, a
> user can press "*5053" and they will be sent directly to that user's
> voicemail box, rather than their phone. But when you press "2*5053", it
> appears the * is ignored or not sent. I need to find a way to make this
> option work.

   You would need some way of debugging what DTMF signals actually appear
in the context of the bearing channels on the E&M trunk.

   Is there any apparent difference with the duration of the tones?  That
is to say, how long one holds down the 2 or the *?  Also, does it vary
depending on the delay?  Is it possible to press 2, wait 3-4 seconds,
and then press * and see it work?

-- Alex

--
Alex Balashov   <sasha at presidium.org>