[asterisk-users] How to bring MoH volume down

Alex Balashov abalashov at evaristesys.com
Mon May 14 10:24:51 MST 2007

On Mon, 14 May 2007, Stephen Bosch said something to this effect:

> Is there a way to do it for voice mail messages? I have a user who has
> trouble hearing the voice messages, saying they are too quiet.

   From a cursory glance at the voicemail settings, I can't see a way.
The voicemail messages are stored in a fairly coherent directory structure
and it may be possible to develop some sort of process that funnels the
voicemail recordings through a volume-boosting 'sox' transformation or
similar, specifically for that user, but other than that I can't think of
anything off the top of my head.

   Volume issues tend to have to do with the phone the user is using as
often as not.  The user might benefit from a phone with decent volume
controls/output gain boosting.

-- Alex

--
Alex Balashov   <sasha at presidium.org>