[asterisk-users] Re: CITEL gateway does it work well?

Stephen Bosch posting at vodacomm.ca
Mon May 14 09:49:20 MST 2007

Steven wrote:
> The Citel Handset Gateways were the best option for our scenario.
>
> The cost per port for the number of buttons on our NEC DTerm/E phones
> was about half.
> Also, no network reengineering.

I've noticed that all the people who have good things to say about them
are using East Asian digital phones (e.g. NEC, Toshiba, Samsung, etc);
the NEC phones I have worked with don't give DTMF feedback in a native
install, so you wouldn't notice much difference.

But the Nortel phones do (or are able to, depending on how the switch is
configured); losing that ability would bother me.

-Stephen-