[asterisk-users] Difference between making a call and Originate

Christopher Robinson chris.robinson at sayersmedia.com
Mon May 14 09:11:33 MST 2007

When I make a regular call from my SIP phone connected to my Asterisk
server I have no issues, however when I make a call using Originate :
'Channel'=>"SIP/1XXXXXXXXXX at sip.broadvoice.com",
'Context'=>'mycontext',
'Exten'=>'899',
'Priority'=>1,
'Callerid'=>'whatever'));

It creates a screech sound when the first audio file is played.  Doesn't
seem to happen with another VSP I tried, but still, why would a regular
outbound call work just fine and Originate create this strange sound.  I
know for sure that it isn't the audio file that I'm playing by the way.