[asterisk-users] How obtain the slot position when a call is parked?

Andrew Kohlsmith akohlsmith-asterisk at benshaw.com
Mon May 14 09:01:47 MST 2007

On Monday 14 May 2007 10:41 am, lavarini at sci.univr.it wrote:
> I want to ask you if asterisk, when I use the command park(), gives me for
> example a variable that contains the slot position where it parks the call
> or if it only tells me (audio) in the channel this position number? In
> other words, is there a way to obtain and use the value of the slot
> position when the call is parked? Thanks.

No.  You need to use ParkAndAnnounce and a feature I'd managed to get added
which lets you get the parking slot number in the dialplan variable
${PARKEDAT}.

I use it like this:

exten => _X.,1,...
exten => _X.,n,ParkAndAnnounce(PARKED,,Local/${EXTEN}@parkinginfo)

[parkinginfo]
exten => s,1,NoOp(PARKEDAT=${PARKEDAT})
exten => s,n,...

So basically when the call gets parked, it "announces" the parking slot to a
Local channel which executes in [parkinginfo].  Parkinginfo can write it to a
db, SMS it to a skywriter, whatever you want.

It'd be nice to get this sent to a SIP phone and make parking just that much
more useful, but as the guys say... patches welcome.  :-)

-A.