[asterisk-users] How is Context Determined when Transferring a Call?

Brent Torrenga lists at torrenga.com
Mon May 14 08:39:30 MST 2007

When trasferring a call, how is the context determined?

When using a zap device, and the DTMF code for blind or attended transfer is
entered, does the tranfer originate at the context the zap device is set to
be in, or does it originate from where the outside call being transferred
originated in, or the context the current call is in?

I ask because I am seeing strange behavior when trying to transfer some
calls placed on zap devices. Dial plan logic does goto's to get the call to
a context, i.e., internal or PSTN contexts. Some transfers fail though,
because, say the call was originally to the PSTN context, and a transfer
fails if it is to an internal context.

Instead of goto's, is it best to use macros? Or a bunch of include
statements?

Sincerely,

Brent A. Torrenga

Torrenga Engineering, Inc.