[asterisk-users] Re: Remote extensions not working on provider's wireless Internet connection

Gerald A geraldablists at gmail.com
Mon May 14 07:35:51 MST 2007

Hi Zeeshan,

On 5/13/07, Zeeshan Zakaria <zishanov at gmail.com> wrote:

> I've solved this problem. It was very easy (only if I knew how to do it
> before). I changed the UDP ports, i.e.
>
> 1. In sip.conf, bindport=5070
> 2. In my IP Phone server settings, www.myserver.com:5070
>
> Now it seems to be working good and I hope there'll be no more problem
> with it.

Sorry for not replying earlier; I got your note late, and then when I woke
up had no Internet. Ah, the joys of Rogers.

I'm glad to hear you solved it -- my only concern would be if you now want
to connect "ordinary" 5060 looking phones. I will do a bit of research, I'm
sure Asterisk can bind to more then one port.

Thanks,
Gerald