[asterisk-users] How to bring MoH volume down

Alex Balashov abalashov at evaristesys.com
Mon May 14 06:25:09 MST 2007

Zeeshan,

On Mon, 14 May 2007, Zeeshan Zakaria said something to this effect:

> MoH volume is uncomfortably high and I want to bring it down. Its mpg123.
> How can I do it?

   There are some settings in musiconhold.conf that may yield the desired
effect:

[default]
mode=mp3
directory=/var/lib/asterisk/moh

; valid mode options:
; quietmp3      -- default
; mp3           -- loud
; mp3nb         -- unbuffered
; quietmp3nb    -- quiet unbuffered
; custom        -- run a custom application
; files         -- read files from a directory in any Asterisk supported
format

   If not, it may come down to adjusting the base amplitude of the entire
track down.  I don't think there's a way to modify the gain specifically
for MOH.

-- Alex

--
Alex Balashov   <sasha at presidium.org>