[asterisk-users] Sudden appearance of SIP/2.0 401 Unauthorized

Yaakov Menken menken at capalon.com
Sun May 13 19:43:03 MST 2007

Yesterday we moved one of our servers to a new IP. We updated DNS and
various adapters configured to register to that server registered to the
new IP correctly. All seemed to be well.

This evening I discovered that with one exception, all of the adapters
are getting a SIP/2.0 401 Unauthorized message back from asterisk. The
exception is an Innomedia adapter -- Linksys PAP2's and (I believe) one
Cisco ATA-188 are getting the "Unauthorized".

I have stopped, restarted, unloaded & loaded sip, and erased astdb to
start from scratch... no dice. None of the config files have changed,
and, as I said, they all appeared to work last night.

Can anyone give me a clue here?

Yours,

Yaakov Menken

--