Now way OT: [asterisk-users] Need some help with a very simple Queestion..

thg at interoil.com thg at interoil.com
Sat May 12 11:19:36 MST 2007

> Stephen Bosch wrote:
>

>>>Is Marmite also available in Ontario, or only Out West?
>>

>> As far as I know, Marmite is available all across this land, from sea to
>> sea to sea.
>>
>> Three cheers for Marmite.
>>

> IMO most Americans have never even *heard* of Marmite, much less tasted
> it.
>
> And it's quite a hoot to watch someone ingest it for the first time.
> Always causes a surprised look.
>
> Someone should write a book about it--or maybe someone already has :-)
>
> b.

Yep, chocolate/hazelnut it aint.

FWIW, Vegemite (the better, Auzzie variety of the same brew) is now
illegal in the US. Something to do with its containing folate and that
being a restricted chemical that needs FDA approval, etcetera...

So travelling Aussies, can't even bring their own little jar with them...
<sigh>

Hilarious thing is that Vegemite whilst invented by an Aussie, is owned
and  produced by the Kraft Company (US Company). So its ok for a US
company to make an illegal product, Make money from an illegal product,
and export an illegal product, but some one that buys that product for
their own use, cannot even bring a 4oz jar of it with them on holiday.

talk about a separation between church^Wlogic and state^Wpractice. go figure