[asterisk-users] muscionhold error message

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
Sat May 12 01:37:32 MST 2007

On Fri, May 11, 2007 at 11:08:50PM -0400, Jonathan Addleman wrote:
> pedro noticioso wrote:
> > hi there guys!
> >
> > how can I eliminate this message?
> >
> > [May 11 11:00:46] WARNING[7039]: res_musiconhold.c:506
> > monmp3thread: Unable to spawn mp3player
> > [May 11 11:09:06] WARNING[7039]: res_musiconhold.c:424
> > spawn_mp3: Found no files in
> > '/var/lib/asterisk/mohmp3'
>
> I'm no expert, but haven't seen other replies here, so I'll throw out my
> suggestions.
>
> I don't have that package (still using testing's 1.2 package) but I
> expect the /etc/asterisk/musiconhold.conf uses mp123 to process the
> music on hold files. That's not Free software though (and isn't really
> maintained anymore, I think...),

It actually is (maintained, and a recent version of it is in
stable/testing.

However editing musiconhold.conf shouldn't be a problem. I wonder if
we should start distributing a separate musiconhold package, as the
current one is non-free: if you happen to make the mistake of Playback of
those FPM sound files, you're violating their license.

--
               Tzafrir Cohen
icq#16849755                    jabber:tzafrir at jabber.org
+972-50-7952406           mailto:tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com