[asterisk-users] Asterisk crashes

Elman Efendiyev elman at protechtele.com
Fri May 11 14:33:13 MST 2007

Hello,

I have very annoying problem with asterisk 1.4.4:
Every evening when I have peak load asterisk crashes, "peak load" is only
over 20-30 sip-to-h323 simultaneous calls. Nothing special in logs after
crash. Load average never was higher than 0.3, asterisk never uses more than
12% CPU (according to top). Tried SVN versions - same result. Both h323 and
sip peers has only one codec allowed - g729 - so no conversion. There is no
conferences, call recordings or something like this - very simple setup.

Software config:
Linux Slackware 11.0
Kernel 2.6.21.1
Asterisk 1.4.4 (native h323 channel from asterisk tarball)
Libpri-1.4.0
Zaptel-1.4.2.1 (using ztdummy for internal sync, no zaptel hardware)
pwlib_v1_10_0
openh323_v1_18_0

Hardware config:
Intel SE7210TP1 motherboard
P4 3GHz HT 1Mb cache CPU
1Gb RAM (dual channel, two same DIMMs from intel recommended list)
80Gb SATA HDD
No zaptel hardware or even any PCI cards

There isn't overheating and voltage problems with a hardware (controlling
over IPMI), this hardware (with another HDD and software versions) worked
fine about year with asterisk restarts manually only for a version upgrade.

Could somebody point me the way to debug this problem?

Thank you!

--
Sincerely,
Elman Efendiyev