[asterisk-users] ices low volume

Jonathan Addleman jonathan.addleman at mail.mcgill.ca
Fri May 11 11:12:35 MST 2007

Jon-o Addleman wrote:
> I'm using the ices command to stream a conference to an icecast server.
> This is working nicely, for the most part, but the volume is very low.
> The streamed ogg vorbis audio is much quieter than what I hear in a
    SIP
> client, for example (on the same machine with the same audio hardware,
> of course).

Replying to my own question:

It appears that's it's not a problem with the ices application. I dumped
the audio using a simple EAGI bash script (cat /dev/fd/3 > output.raw)
and found the same low volume level.

I must be misunderstanding something here. Why would the volume be so
different through a voip client compared to the audio data dumped from
the channel?

--
Jon-o Addleman - http://www.redowl.ca