[asterisk-users] Need some help with a very simple Queestion..

Chris Bagnall lists at minotaur.cc
Fri May 11 10:53:08 MST 2007

> You don't need queues to ring two phones, you can simply use the dial
> command:
> Dial(SIP/10000&SIP/10001)   <-- Would dial SIP extensions 10000 and 10001.

I would strongly suggest you might want to create a queue for it anyway. One of the things I've noticed in the past (and it's not asterisk's fault - it's a SIP endpoint issue) is that the majority of phones declare themselves "busy" in their SIP reply whilst they're ringing. So, for example, if two calls come in very close together and both phones are ringing for the first call, the second will receive busy even if the second SIP device could take that call.

Regards,

Chris
For full contact details visit http://www.minotaur.it/chris.html