[asterisk-users] Dealing with 2 SIP providers

Mike list at virtutel.ca
Fri May 11 08:06:35 MST 2007

Hi,

I have a question of using 2 SIP providers.  Let's say I have provider A and
provider B, and I would like my calls to go to A, and then B if A wasn`t
available

Something like this would work:
exten => 1234,1,Dial(SIP/providerA)
exten => 1234,2,Dial(providerB)
exten => 1234,3,Hangup

But what if I want to put in a delay? If I put 30 seconds on each of them,
I'll wait a total of 60.  I want to wait only 30 seconds before the hang up.

Also, if ProviderA has a main server and a backup server, am I now forced to
have 3 Dial commands, or can I setup ProviderA with host and backuphost in
the same SIP entry?

Mike