[asterisk-users] record voice

Gordon Henderson gordon+asterisk at drogon.net
Fri May 11 01:35:18 MST 2007

On Fri, 11 May 2007, Josu Lazkano Lete wrote:

> Hello everybody!
>
> I have a problem recording voices for my Asterisk menu.
>
> I used the "Record(/home/lazkano/bienvenido:gsm)" function to record the
> menu voices, but when I call from outside or from an extension the voice
> listen so low.
>
> is there any software to record my voice properly and convert to gsm
> format? Someone use an other function for that?

Audacity can record sound from a PC's microphone, (or better, the line-in
socket if you have a good pre-amp and "proper" microphone) manipulate it,
etc. It's also cross platform (Win/Linux/Mac)

http://audacity.sourceforge.net/

You could then store your prompts in all the codec formats you support,
then asterisk wouldn't have to do transcoding either.

Gordon