[asterisk-users] Responding to SIP OPTIONS

Chris Bennett chris at cgb1911.mine.nu
Wed May 9 23:41:35 MST 2007

Hi Alex,

> How is one supposed to configure the dialplan so that Asterisk responds
> correctly to these requests?
>
> At the moment, I'm seeing "Looking for s in default" and then a "404 Not
> Found" being returned - which can't be right.

Not specific to an OPTIONS packet, but I know that I previously
experienced wierdness when I had my dialplan matching too much.  For
me it was a 'default route' for all calls going out a particular SIP
peer.

exten => _.,1,Dial(SIP/${EXTEN}@provider,,r)

There were instances of SIP reinvites that would match this dial plan
and be dialled back out to the provider.  My fix was _XXXX etc,
matching more specifically what extensions I wanted to dial out to
that provider.

Your problem looks similar - Asterisk, based on your dialplan  is
initerpreting the  special extension s as some dial attempt, resulting
in 404 Not Found.

There are a bunch of these special extensions:
  http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/index.php?page=Asterisk+config+extensions.conf
	Predefined Extension Names
	Asterisk uses some extension names for special purposes:

	    * i : Invalid
	    * s : Start
	    * h : Hangup
	    * t : Timeout
	    * T : AbsoluteTimeout
	    * o : Operator

This is my guess anyhow - if this isn't right, hopefully someone else
can pin it down for you ..

Regards,

Chris Bennett