[asterisk-users] Boost Polycom IP601 headset volume

Stephen Bosch posting at vodacomm.ca
Wed May 9 17:19:01 MST 2007

Alvin Austin wrote:
> Hi everyone, I have a user that needs a little extra volume on his
> Polycom IP 601 phone set for all calls (beyond what the volume control
> currently offers).  Is there a provisioning setting for this anywhere?
> (I'd like to avoid a separate amplifier between the phone and handset if
> possible.)

If you read the SIP administrator's guide plus any addenda for the
current firmware, you can see the parameters for setting the headset
gain. Different phones have different keys, which is why you'll need to
look at the docs.

In short, this can definitely be tweaked in the phone. You can set
handset, headset, and chassis gain settings; these go over and above the
manual control available on the phone's panel.

It should be noted that Polycom actually recommends against using
headsets without amplifiers. This is a common complaint with Polycom users.

You'll probably be better off with an amplifier.

-Stephen-