[asterisk-users] SIP Problems continue...

Adam Moffett adam at plexicomm.net
Wed May 9 11:07:45 MST 2007

I also get the mysterious SIP INVITE channels.
10.101.2.204     xxx 748e8b0a625  00102/00000  unkn  No       Init: INVITE

And I also am running 1.4.4 on CentOS4.  Is that a pattern or just
coincidence?

The other symptom you mention is this
"...the SIP phones couldn't communicate with the server, though there
was no error message on the server and everything appeared fine on the
server."

Do you mean no calls in or out until you reboot?  I don't have that
thankfully, but I do have a guy telling me that incoming audio just goes
away for a few seconds at a time.  He says also that it sometimes goes
away for long enough time that he was mistaking it for a dropped call.
But if he waits long enough it pretty generally always comes back.  I
have consistent solid network performance from the asterisk server to
the ATA (and believe me, I've looked very hard for a network problem),
and I don't know what to look at next.

Incidentally, the guy hasn't called me since I rebooted last week.  Is
this similar to how your situation started?

Adam Moffett
Plexicomm, LLC
adam at plexicomm.net
ph: 866-759-4678x104