[asterisk-users] SIP Problems continue...

mail-lists mail-lists at peachnet.com
Wed May 9 09:43:18 MST 2007

Ken,

I have similar problems every now and then on one of my asterisk boxes.
I'm also running CentOS4 on that box.

I've found that doing a sip reload when in that state results in
something along : Last reload not yet finished (can't remember the exact
wording)

We're using cisco 7960's here.

The ONLY time I've seen this happening is when I reload everything VIA
freepbx.

It used to do it every time I reloaded. I read somewhere that this was a
result of DNS queries not being done in a timely fashion - So I went and
replaced all the host statement in my trunk with IP addresses and now it
doesn't do it very often at all.

I don't know if this is your problem at all but it might be worth a
shot. Replace any host names with IP addresses in sip.conf and anywhere
else.

Failing that and if you're still pulling your hair out at the end of the
week ( I know how it is), I would really consider re-installing the box
(I'm using centos5 now on this server I'm configuring currently) and
starting from scratch.

I know it sounds like a cop out but that's what I would do.