[asterisk-users] Ringing Volume

Jadrien Wauthier jwauthier at dalcon.com
Tue May 8 21:07:27 MST 2007

> Does anyone know how to adjust the volume of the ringing application?  I
> have done a lot of internet searching and have not found much.

You cannot do this in Asterisk.

Some SIP phones might allow you to do so by setting an option on the
phone, but you would have to ask the company that makes that specific
phone how to do that.

----

If Asterisk generates the audio, then it seems that there would be a source file that I could edit if nothing else.

I looked at the app_dial.c, but I didn't see anything.  Maybe I over looked something.

If I lower the volume on the phone, then all audio on the phone would be lower.  I am just interested in lowering the volume of the ringing.  Basically, rings from the pstn is at one level, and the rings from Asterisk are at another level.  I need to normalize the Asterisk volume.

Thank you so much for your help with this.

Jad