[asterisk-users] iax to iax Reject Connection

Joshua Colp jcolp at digium.com
Tue May 8 06:53:27 MST 2007

chawki hammoud wrote:
> Hi:
>
> It's the first time I have this problem.
>
> No matter how I configure my two IAX machines the
> connection is rejected.
>
> "chan_iax2.c:5550 socket_read: Call rejected by ****:
> No authority found"

Without seeing your dialplan it is a little hard to determine why but
I'll try based on your iax.conf entries below.

> iax server A:
>
> [saad_out]
> type=peer
> host=hostip
> username=username
> secret=secret
> disallow=all
> allow=gsm

When the call is sent out it is going to authenticate using the username
"username".

> iax server B:
>
> [guest]
> type=user
> username=username
> secret=secret
> context=tele
> disallow=all
> allow=gsm

This is incorrect, username is not valid in a user entry. The username
is specified between the [ and ]. In this case it is guest. Therefore no
user entry exists with the username "username" and the other box can't
authenticate.

> Any suggestions of why the connection is refused. I
> have no firewall.
>
> Thanks

Here is a basic entry for a peer:

[trunk-out]
type=peer
host=my.silly.box
username=myserver
secret=password
disallow=all
allow=ulaw

The call will be sent to my.silly.box and will try to authenticate as
myserver with the password password.

Here is a basic entry for a user:

[myserver]
type=user