[asterisk-users] Bug in voicemail module of Asterisk 1.4.2?

Per Jessen per at computer.org
Tue May 8 02:50:32 MST 2007

Sven Jacobs wrote:

>> As far as I can tell (but I'm on 1.4.1), the serveremail option only
>> sets the From-address, not the envelope-address.  The envelope will
>> probably always be "<asterisk-user>@hostname"
>
> The From-address ist set by the fromstring option - which works btw -
> so you are wrong :) Unfortunately setting the From-address does not
> fix my problem.

Maybe I'm misinterpreting things, but this is what I se:

fromstring = the From:-text, not the From:-address.

I'm just using the default fromstring, but I've set

serveremail = "asterisk@<realdomain>"

With this I get

From: "Asterisk PBX" <Asterisk at enidan.com>

Still, the envelope is  <root at natrium.local.net>.

/Per Jessen, Zürich

--
ENIDAN Technologies GmbH - managed email security.
Starting at SFr1/month/user - http://www.spamchek.ch/