[asterisk-users] Bug in voicemail module of Asterisk 1.4.2?

Per Jessen per at computer.org
Tue May 8 02:03:42 MST 2007

Sven Jacobs wrote:

>> You fix that in your mail-server with aliasing and/or canonicalising.
>> I think the Asterisk behaviour is correct.  It is similar to
>> receiving an email from cron or some other daemon. That is sent
>> from "cron at hostname", which is fine for your internal purposes, but
>> if you send it out externally, you'll need to map it to a external
>> address.
>
> But then again I don't understand the serveremail option. What is it
> for then?

As far as I can tell (but I'm on 1.4.1), the serveremail option only
sets the From-address, not the envelope-address.  The envelope will
probably always be "<asterisk-user>@hostname"

/Per Jessen, Zürich

--
ENIDAN Technologies GmbH - managed email security.
Starting at SFr1/month/user - http://www.spamchek.ch/