[asterisk-users] Bug in voicemail module of Asterisk 1.4.2?

Per Jessen per at computer.org
Tue May 8 00:47:35 MST 2007

Sven Jacobs wrote:

> Dear users,
>
> I think I may found a bug in the voicemail module of Asterisk 1.4.2!
>
> Outgoing email notifications should use a real existing domain (let's
> call it domain.real) instead of the local domain (domain.local) so
> that some mail servers won't reject the mails. That's why I've set the
> serveremail option in voicemail.conf to asterisk at domain.real.
> Unfortunately Asterisk is always sending these mails with the sender
> asterisk at hostname regardless of the serveremail option.

You fix that in your mail-server with aliasing and/or canonicalising.  I
think the Asterisk behaviour is correct.  It is similar to receiving an
email from cron or some other daemon. That is sent
from "cron at hostname", which is fine for your internal purposes, but if
you send it out externally, you'll need to map it to a external
address.

/Per Jessen, Zürich

--
ENIDAN Technologies GmbH - managed email security.
Starting at SFr1/month/user - http://www.spamchek.ch/