[asterisk-users] Could two Asterisk servers connect through VPN

Noah Miller noahisaacmiller at gmail.com
Mon May 7 12:21:44 MST 2007

> Many thanks to you all. I think that I can do this for IAX based VPN set
> up between two Asterisk servers
> in remote offices.

If it helps at all, I read a study that said that SSL VPN's can
actually help with jitter problems.  So it might be preferable to
implement something with OpenVPN (uses SSL) rather than an IPSec-based
VPN.  I found the link:

http://www.networkworld.com/reviews/2006/022006-ssl-voip-test.html

>From anecdotal evidence, I can tell you that even with high-quality
Cisco hardware-based IPSec VPNs, call quality tends to be better
without the encryption.

- Noah