[asterisk-users] Call waiting tone when calling a busy station?

Edoardo Serra edoardo.serra at webrainstorm.it
Mon May 7 06:13:23 MST 2007

Yehavi Bourvine +972-8-9489444 ha scritto:

> This is not what I meant. I want the called party to get a sign of a waiting
> call and answer it if he/she wants.
Ok, that's an UAC option
>  I want the caller to know that he on a
> waiting call (here it is customary to play a stuttered "ring" tone).
> in short - can I signal in the "183 ringing" packet that this is a second call?

I don't think SIP has an implementation of that

My suggestion is to use a queue in which you would put callers if the
called party is busy
(you can check that with ome AGI scripting)
You can then record a stuttered 'ring' tone and put that as background
music for the queue.

Queues are the best way to handle you situation even if it's not an
elegant solution for playing the stuttered ring tone

My 2 cents