[asterisk-users] Starting Asterisk on Ubuntu 7.04

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
Sun May 6 21:49:58 MST 2007

On Fri, May 04, 2007 at 09:59:36PM -1000, Mark Coccimiglio wrote:
> Tzafrir;
>   Actually I have found this config to work really well.  I prefer to
> use a script run from inittab but Ubuntu doesn't work like Redhat or
> BSD.  On a production box keeping asterisk up and running is "THE TOP"
> priority.  If you would rather check every five minutes then replace the
> first "*" with "*/5".  I will address your points as it seems that you
> haven't really thought about this.

What I say is that you have the worse of both worlds:

- downtime of at ~1/2 a minute (avarage, if a cron runs every minute).
  In the case a restart is all it take.

- A bigger downtime in case a restart is not what it takes. Because your
  logs will be flooded.

- And a most unpredicatable behaviour.

So why would Asterisk crash? And if so: would a simple restart really
do?

--
               Tzafrir Cohen
icq#16849755                    jabber:tzafrir at jabber.org