[asterisk-users] Buddywatch on Polycom 601 crashes phone

J French hikenboots at gmail.com
Sun May 6 08:33:22 MST 2007

We are running 2.1.1 with 3 expansion modules.  Presence in turned on in
sip.cfg, hints are set up on the extensions and buddy watch is enabled on
about 40 extensions mapped to the expansion modules.  We have 3 paging
groups: "Building A" with 20 phones, "Building B" with 20 phones and "Both
with all 40 phones.  When Building A or B is paged separately, the 601
handles it although the sidecar leds don't seem to keep up in real time.
When both buildings are paged, all three expansion modules and the phone
crash and reboot.

We are paging by:
exten => 560,1,SIPAddHeader(Alert-Info: Ring Answer)
Sip.cfg -> <RING_ANSWER se.rt.4.name="Ring Answer" se.rt.4.type="ring-answer"
se.rt.4.timeout="250" se.rt.4.ringer="2" se.rt.4.callWait="6" se.rt.4.mod=
"1"/>

Is there a limitation I'm not aware of regarding presence on the phone or is
this a bug?