[asterisk-users] Channel / Exten Status

Pablo L. Arturi parturi at bairesweb.com
Sat May 5 18:09:07 MST 2007

Hello guys, I am using the API Mananger with PHP to initiate a call from a webpage. First I call to a line number, and then to an asterisk extension.

I followed examples on using the API Mananger, without any problem, and working great.

Now I have a problem. I can initiate the call. I can call to the line number, and then to the extension. But what I need now, is to keep track of the status of this comunication.

I am a bit lost on how should I check the Channel status, and how can I verify when the extension is being used by this person who initiated the call from a webpage, since this extension could also be used by another person, from the webpage or internally from a IP telephone.

Could anyone point me in the right direction?

THank you,
Pablo