[asterisk-users] Dial Plan for Multi-Location & Support Queue

Deepak Naidu deepak_nai at yahoo.com
Sat May 5 17:16:43 MST 2007

    Hi,
                I am in the process of planning a dial plan, In regards to the requirement, I am confused how to go about the dial plan.

  The scenario is like below.

  BRANCH - A - (COMPANY)
  Line 1 -- Extension   239
  Line 2 -- Extension 8239

  BRANCH - B - (COMPANY)
  Line 1 -- Extension   239
  Line 2 -- Extension 8239

  Now what I need is that if a user in Branch - A wants to dial Branch - B, he just needs to use 88xxx(extension of Branch - B)

  Similarly, if a user in Branch - B wants to dial Branch - A, he just needs to use 89xxx(extension of Branch - A)

  In this regards, I am not sure how do I achieve inter brach connection using asterisk to fit my 88 & 89 prefix dial plan for multi-location.

  More over, said that, we will have a support Queue  in Branch - A(extension 700), & users from Branch - B should be able to join the Queue(extension 700) to accept support calls & vice-versa, I dont know how this is possible & what would my dial plans be.

  It would be much appreciated if someone can help me resolve this dial plan & support issue.

  Thannks,
  Deepak