[asterisk-users] app_txfax, app_rxfax

Luki lugosoft at gmail.com
Fri May 4 16:17:54 MST 2007

> So you'd rather have the entire PBX crash in order to avoid creating
> sufficient iaxmodem instances to handle your fax call load?

No, but so far this occurred only once in about a year of service. Not
ideal, but "acceptable" considering Asterisk itself segfaults or
deadlocks every now for no apparent reason. I had more trouble when
trying to use T.38 with the newest app_rxfax so I abandoned it for
now. And iaxmodem cannot do T.38 anyway...

So you are saying a pool if iaxmodems and a loop through Dial() to
find an open one is the way to go?

--Luki