[asterisk-users] app_txfax, app_rxfax

Luki lugosoft at gmail.com
Fri May 4 12:55:12 MST 2007

> Forget them! Use Hylafax and iaxmodem instead.

I wondering, how do you guys handle multiple calls? We frequently get
many concurrent faxes, sometimes even to the same number. As far as I
know, one instance of iaxmodem can only support one fax session at a
time. So essentially you need a pool of iaxmodems running on different
ports, and then Dial() them until you find one that accepts your call.
Or did I get that wrong? That seems really like a drawback to me,
that's why we're sticking to app_rxfax, which in the newer versions
also supports error correction. With app_rxfax you are always
"guaranteed" that that there is someone to answer the fax, given
sufficient resources (CPU and memory). The biggest drawback with
app_rxfax is that if it crashes for whatever reason (happens
sometimes), it will take down the entire PBX and all sessions with it.

--Luki