[asterisk-users] Headset for Polycom

Michael Cargile mcargile at explido.us
Fri May 4 09:48:50 MST 2007

As far as a call center is concerned it really depends on the type of
employees you have working for you. Most call center reps tend to be...
umm... well less than trust worth to put it nicely. I have seen reps
pour coffee into computers, sit on their headsets, get up and walk away
with their headset still attached (those safety catches only last so
long), and do other such nasty things. At such call centers I would go
with the cheapest headset you can get. The difference in quality for the
more expensive ones does not make up for distructive behavior of reps.
You will probably be replacing headsets every two months with the cheap
ones verses every four for the expensive ones. And the cheap ones are
more than half the cost. However if your call center is full of
trustworthy people I would go with a the nice Plantronics. If properly
taken care of they will last for a few years.

On Fri, 2007-05-04 at 09:11 -0700, Jim Rice wrote:
> On Fri, 2007-05-04 at 11:15 -0400, Mike wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I've been asked for a headset recommandation for Polycom SoundPoint IP
> > phones.  Since I believe they use a pretty standard headset jack
> > (correct me if I am wrong) it's really a general recommandation on
> > headset.
> >
> > Regards,
> >
> > Mike
>
> We use the Plantronics SupraPlus SL #P361N-U10P  ($102 USD)
>
> Binaural, noise canceling, soft leather, etc.
> (Does not require a separate amplifier.)
>
> A bit on the spendy side, but for those who live on the phone,
> it makes being in a call center, sales, or service role a little nicer.
>
> Jim

Michael Cargile
Explido Software USA Inc.
http://www.explido.us