[asterisk-users] Reinvite after DTMF?

Wilson Pickett spamsucks2005 at gmail.com
Fri May 4 02:37:41 MST 2007

> Maybe I missed something here.  In my understanding, the only parties in the
> call at DTMF stage are the originator and Asterisk.  The destination is not
> in the picture yet.  Is this correct?  What is the purpose of the said DTMF
> sequence?  Do you have a sample dial plan?

No, the problem is to receive a call, to dial and send the DTMF to the
new dialed number. The dial would normally then bridge the two
channels. I'm trying to figure out if there's a way to then remove
asterisk from the RTP stream because of the needless distance
(crossing the ocean twice is a waste).