[asterisk-users] UK - 2 port ISDN2e cards ...

Gordon Henderson gordon+asterisk at drogon.net
Fri May 4 00:53:27 MST 2007

On Fri, 4 May 2007, Per Jessen wrote:

> Gordon Henderson wrote:
>
>>> (aren't you guys getting rid of ISDN anyway? :-)
>>
>> Hmmmm... Some people would like to think so, but it's going to be here
>> for a long time yet! BT have/are dumping the "consumer" versions of
>> ISDN2 - "home highway" which went a while back, but business highway
>> is going soon if it's not already gone, which is a real shame as they
>> had almost all the functionality a small business needed for less
>> price than the full ISDN2e...
>
> What is BT offering instead?  I ran a company in the UK 6-7 years ago,
> and we went straight for the business highway.

They are offering regular ISDN2e (with the full "business features" like a
DDI number range, etc.) - which puts it out of the price range of even the
most enthusiastic home enthusiast... They dropped home & business highway
and made people pay for a full re-install if they wanted to transition
over to ISDN2e. More than a few people are pissed off at this and have
transitioned back to a pair of POTS lines, or are now using their ADSL
line to carry VoIP. (or are installing a 2nd ADSL line dedicated to their
VoIP traffic)

Gordon