[asterisk-users] Get Asterisk to redirect a SIP INVITE

Salvatore Giudice Salvatore.Giudice at VoIPSecurityTraining.com
Thu May 3 18:18:12 MST 2007

I don't think you can do that. You can easily issue a 302 with something
like SER or OpenSER. I believe the only thing Asterisk can do is receive a
call on the initial URI and open a channel to the destination and connect
them. Media could pass directly between those two points but your Asterisk
box would still have to participate in the signaling. Think of Asterisk as a
B2BUA instead of a SIP call router/response system.

Salvatore Giudice
Salvatore.Giudice at VoIPSecurityTraining.com

VoIP Security Training, LLC
http://VoIPSecurityTraining.com

848 N. Rainbow Blvd. #1676
Las Vegas, NV 89107