[asterisk-users] Re: Asterisk-1.4 with agent snmp

Everton Goularth evertongoularth at yahoo.com.br
Thu May 3 13:40:42 MST 2007

Hi Matt Gibson,

First of all, congratulations for your how-to..
I selected res_snmp in my asterisk by the "menu select" and I complied
the asterisk-1.4. After the compilation, I edited the res_snmp.conf and
turn on snmp in asterisk as you said in your how-to.

In my last tests I received "Warning: Failed to connect to the agentx
master agent ([NIL]):" in the asterisk cli.

And when I try the command that you say in your how-to (after to copy
asterisk-mib.txt and digium-mib.txt to /usr/share/snmp/mibs):

# export MIBS=+ASTERISK-MIB
# snmpwalk -v 1 -c private localhost asterisk

I receive nothing.

What about my configuration??

/etc/snmp/snmpd.conf

com2sec local           localhost                       private
com2sec mynet           192.168.0.0/24          public
com2sec public          default                 public
group   mygroup v1              mynet
group   mygroup v2c             mynet
group   mygroup usm             mynet
group   local   v1              local
group   local   v2c             local
group   local   usm                     local
group   public  v1              public
group   public  v2c             public
group   public  usm             public
view all    included  .1                               80
access  mygroup         ""      any       noauth    exact  all    all  all
access  public          ""      any       noauth    exact  all   all    all
access  local           ""      any       noauth    exact  all    all  all
master agentx
agentXPerms 0660 0550 root root
agentXSocket tcp:localhost:161

/etc/asterisk/res_snmp.conf

[general]
subagent = yes
enabled = yes

And I use this command to run snmpd and snmptrapd:

snmpd -a -d -V -x 127.0.0.1
snmptrapd -a -Lf /var/log/snmptrapd.log

Thank's for your help....

Everton Goularth