[asterisk-users] OT: USB T1/E1 Interface?

Steve Edwards asterisk.org at sedwards.com
Thu May 3 13:39:11 MST 2007

Way cool product.

Way too cool for my neighborhood -- the interface box is $7k. Software
will set you back $3k to $30k. And then I would have no clue what to do
with it.

Maybe we could interest the guy thats building his own open telco
hardware:

 	http://www.rowetel.com/ucasterisk/pr1.html

He seems to have the skills :)

On Thu, 3 May 2007, Jorge Mendoza wrote:

> http://www.gl.com/laptopt1.html
>
> Jorge
>
> Michael Collins wrote:
>>> Why? There used to be a saying 'usb is for mice, firewire is for men',
>>> though USB has grown a bit in bandwidth since then, it is still not
>>>
>> very
>>
>>> well suited for a high sustained bandwidth. NOw T1/E1 is not that big,

>>> suspect a lack of demand. Havng a E1 termintae in your laptop is quite
>>> useless, and a server usually has plenty of slots (if not, buy a
>>>
>> bigger
>>
>>> server ;-).
>>>

>> Just for fun.  I'm a telecom geek and having a USB T1 interface would be
>> a fun toy to tinker with.  Besides, it might lead to some useful
>> products.
>>
>> -MC

Thanks in advance,