[asterisk-users] Strange noise - Polycom

Rob Schall rschall at callone.net
Thu May 3 11:51:47 MST 2007

I'm not sure if this is a problem with our polycom 501 phones or with a
setting in asterisk.....

When you set the "forward" option on the phone and have it point to an
outside number (a cell phone) we see the following problem... The call
does forward, but while its doing so and while its ringing, you hear
this irritating loud pulsing sound. When we call from a non-polycom
phone and dial into the phone with the forward, this noise isn't there.

I couldn't find a polycom mailing list, otherwise I'd try this question
in there as well. Has anyone ever seen a problem like this?
Rob