[asterisk-users] My Polycom IP 501 is formatted its file systemitself

Crazy Boy crazymoonboy at yahoo.com
Thu May 3 04:44:34 MST 2007

Hi,

 Thank you for your response. My phone is giving boot menu and giving a chance to load firmware image. How can do this? Can you please send me those boot files and configuration procedure please?

 Look forward to your response. Thank you.

 Regards,
 Chandra.

Steve Totaro <stotaro at asteriskhelpdesk.com> wrote:

> [...]
It
> > automatically formatted its file system. Now, It is not booting.
> >
> > What I have to do now? Can  you please tell me the solution.
>
> What is it doing?  Do you get a boot menu at all?  Is it totally dead
> (won't power up)?  Are you using a boot server (TFTP, FTP, HTTP,
> HTTPS)?
>
> If it's totally dead, you'll want to speak with your Polycom reseller.
>  They should replace it for you.  If the phone boots, and you can get
> into the boot menu, it may be that there is a configuration option in
> the boot menu that is preventing the phone from talking to your boot
> server.
>
> - Noah

If it just keeps rebooting with an error about not being able to load
the application or something like that, I had one do that.  I found a
fix via google.

If this is the issue, post back and I will see if I can find the link.
It is an easy fix.

Thanks,
Steve