[asterisk-users] ADSL routers with integrated SIP QoS for otherdevices

Francisco Pérez Botella In xerox at eivissaweb.net
Thu May 3 03:15:16 MST 2007

In my experience I'm using a comtrend CT-536+ It's a broadcom 96348GW model
266Mhz Mips r4K compliant CPU 16MB RAM and 16 MB flash, adsl2+, 4 port
ethernet switch, usb 1.1 and .g type wireless. I'm using an Asus WL600g based
firmware because de uclibc and toolchain version of cross compiler, but there
are others with diferent capabilities like Ipsec etc.. I know a t least of
Telsey one. Mine is a 2.6.8.1 Kernel version with time infraestructure for
mips backported from 2.6.16 kernel (High resolution timers), I have to check
if it's worth... It has Iproute2 and iptables and ebtables, dscp capable and
diff-serv qos. Zaptel 1.4.1 with only ztdummy zttest and libtonezone, and a
mini version of asterisk 1.4.2 but  I'm working on  a sqlite2 and realtime
capable one... No h.323, not moh although the usb can be used for a memory
stick, ah... It's used for callshops with yuxins sip/iax phones, no
TRANSCODING just g.729 end to end, we use this to bridge
sip-iax2----/IAX2--Internet--IAX2/SIP---Lucent Compact Switch--Intl PSTN
Carriers because of trunking capabilities

El Miércoles, 2 de Mayo de 2007 14:28, Mike Dent escribió:
> On 5/2/07, Tim Koehler <digiumlist at googlemail.com> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I can agree for smaller installation/home offices the Linksys WRT series
> > is pretty good (I'm using this at home).
> >
> > I'm using the dd-wrt Firmware (www.dd-wrt.com ) which is also available
> > for plenty other routers.
> > With QoS values set right I always have clear audio even under "rough"
> > conditions (sending big mails, receiving a joost stream, big download +
> > VoIP call). DD-WRT even is available with a SIP Proxy and a VPN
> > Server/Client.
> >
> > For bigger installations I can recommend the
> > - Borderware SIPAssure,
> > - InGate solutions
> > - Intertex routers.
> > All fully SIP-aware and with more ore less additional featureset (DoS
> > filter, SRTP+TLS, SPIT filter, etc.).
> >

> > Cheers
> >
> > Tim

> > snom technology AG
> >
> > Tim Koehler
> > Partner Manager
> > tim.koehler at snom.de
>
> Tim,
> great to see your participation in the Asterisk list and nice to see
> you using the
> dd-wrt firmware.
> Might I ask which model WRT you are using and if you use a seperate ADSL
> modem which one?
> Thanks
> Mkke

Francisco J. Pérez Botella