[asterisk-users] Poor man's High Availability solution

Laurent Caron lcaron at apartia.fr
Wed May 2 15:47:46 MST 2007

On Sun, Apr 29, 2007 at 09:06:53PM +0200, Clayton Milos wrote:
> Since a PRI is a physical connection as well as a logical one, if you can
> get the server to shut down when it has a problem you could put a 4-pole
> relay to change the PRI over to the other box.

I think the ISDNGuard is more or less like a relay.

Here is how I plan to set it up.

Hook the Pri to the Net port of the ISDNGuard, hook the first port of
each asterisk server's pri card to the 1st ast CPE and isdn CPE port, hook
the second port of the pri card to the 2nd ast CPE and isdn CPE port,
and finally plug the second Net port to the legacy PABX.

        |--------AST1------|
        |                  |
T2 ======                  |=========Legacy PABX
        |                  |
		|--------AST2------|

Net ports			Ast CPE ports		Isdn CPE ports
1	2	3	4		1	2	3	4		1	2	3	4
|	|				|	|				|	|
|	|				|	|               |	|
|	|				|	|               |	|
I	L				|	|               |	|
n	e				I	O               I	O
c	g				n	u               n	u
o	a				p	t               p	t
m	c				u	p               u	p
i	y				t	u               t	u
n						t               	t
g	P
	A					f               	f
P	B					r               	r
R	X				1	o               1	o
I					s	m	            s	m
					t	                t
						A               	A
					p	S               p	S
					o	T               o	T
					r	1               r	2
					t	                t
						t               	t
					o	o               o	o
					f	                f
						l               	l
					A	e               A	e
					S	g               S	g
					T	a               T	a
					1	c               2	c
						y               	y

Do you think this is the correct way of plugging two asterisk servers in
front of a legacy pabx ?

Thanks

Laurent